Do you love baseball? Do you want to play baseball? If so, why don't you e-mail now and join us to play next weekend? Just send an e-mail to the following address.
Something about Blueoceans...
- When, where, and what?
- We play mostly on Saturdays from March to December in Hachioji (Takigahara playground) and other places in Tama area. We also play official matches of Kokubunji City Baseball Association in Spring and Fall tournaments, which are held on Sundays. We play 20 to 30 games in a season, and we practice by ourselves if no game is scheduled. In December, we have an end-of-year party, in which awards are given to several players, and we enjoy drinking and talking about baseball.
- Enjoying baseball is the first principle, but we play hard to win a game at the same time. Do not worry if you think you are not a good player, because everybody will have a chance to play in each game. In fact, a few of us played in varsity teams in high school, several have background of recreational teams, and the others have experiences of sandlot baseball in their childhood only. Most of our members are in their 30's/40's, but older and younger people are definitely welcome.
- Your records
- All individual results are kept in our state-of-the-art Statistics Management System. It would be another fun of baseball to celebrate your own records, such as your career 100 hits or 100 strikeouts.
- Language Problem?
- Some of us speak English. Others don't, but no problem. They are friendly, and at least they speak "Strike," "Safe," "Home Run," "Play Ball," "Nice Batting!," etc. And they would be good Japanese teachers if you don't speak Japanese.
- If you don't have a car, don't worry. Please come to the station near the playground by JR or anything. One of our members can pick you up. Or if you are lucky, someone picks you up at your home.
- If you play regularly, you are asked to pay annual fee of around 7,000 - 10,000 yen. But you don't have to pay anything while you are a "trial" member. There are no other obligation to be a member. It would cost about 20,000 yen to prepare your new uniform.